Sunday, March 13, 2011

Little Feet

First off, yay! It's spring break! So excited to have this week to relax a little, and catch up on some homework so when I get back I don't feel like I'm behind. Secondly, this week, like I assumed was pretty stressful. Life drawing wasn't bad because we just had some muscle assignments due though. Monday when we worked on our clay assignments I felt like it was time well spent, I got feedback and finished my assignment during class which is always nice. Wednesday was an awesome day. I felt really positive about how my foot drawings were going, and it was a nice change from the hectic week to slow down and draw for a long period of time.
The foot drawing I included isn't the best quality again because it's off my cell phone, but I think it's clear at least just a little dark. Our female model made the best foot positions I think we could have gotten. They were interesting and just complicated enough. Below my drawing, you can see Amy's sketch that she drew while helping me with mine. For the most part, I think they follow the same structure.
Once we get back it'll be interesting to see if I'm not as intune with my drawings as I was before I left. Taking a week off can really make a difference, but hopefully it won't affect me too much. Who knows, over break I'd like to work on a painting that's been unfinished for a couple months now at my house but we'll see. I imagine I'll just want to do the bare minimum while on break. I hope everyone that's traveling is safe in their journeys and have a great break! :)

2 comments:

  1. I like how you were able to draw the planes of the feet showing the bottom and the top. I agree that our female model was able to give us interesting feet poses. It was challenge yet interesting to have a variation of different poses. It's fun to have other projects for ourselves rather than doing school work all the time. As you have your painting you need to finish, I have a project of my own to repaint my rims. I think sometimes students need to get away from school work and do something for themselves that they enjoy without the hassle of a due date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, I really enjoyed reading your post because I feel as if you jump straight to the point which I really have a problem doing when I type... especially blogs. I also thought that Annie did a really good job with the foot poses and they were really difficult but overall fun to draw. I hear what you are saying about how not drawing for a while really begins to affect the way that we draw and I hope that when we all get back, after taking such a wonderful break, we will pick up right where we left off :) I hope that you had a wonderful break!

    ReplyDelete