Friday, May 6, 2011

Grandma, what large cranium you have!

Yayyy its almost finals week!!! Which means we're almost all done!! Which means I get to beg people to hire me until some poor sucker actually does and I get to slave away for them all summer!! Ha, that was a little sarcasm, but I really am looking forward to finals week because it shouldn't be too difficult for me other than the fact that i have to stay here until WEDNESDAY at FOUR pm! Gahhhh i'll be the only person left at Stout.

So, life drawing was focused around our model's heads this week. I chose to draw Rob, and I think it turned out pretty decent. I wish Wednesday I would have drawn Annie because I felt like I was basically done on Monday with Rob's. So Wednesday I didn't do much but look at it and draw a line here or there. Friday (which I'm still in class as I'm writing this) we're going to talk to Amy about our muscles and do a long drawing of Rob. I'm really really glad Amy is looking at our muscles one last time because I know some of my stuff is definitely off. When we did the gesture drawings of Rob it was the weirdest thing ever. I seriously felt like I hadn't drawn a gesture in months. It probably has been a couple weeks, but still. Soooo awkward and stiff at first. I can't imagine how horrible I'll be in the Fall.

I'm excited/nervous to draw myself. I'm going to try to get it done this weekend because I shouldn't be too stressed out. I hope it turns out alright. Every other project (I've only had like two) where I needed to draw from a mirror I usually caved and just drew from a picture and my professor could always tell which wasn't surprising but whatever. BUT this time, I am determined to draw myself in real time. I'm at a dilemma though, I want to look halfway decent, because ya know this drawing could be around for the entirety of my life if I do it on nice paper, but when I draw I'm typically scrubbin' it in sweats with my hair messily pulled back. We'll see what I do... MAYBE I'll draw my head shape/facial features with my hair pulled back, then at the end put my hair down and make it look all nice and polished. Sorry, you probably don't really care, this is just my thought process.

Oh, and the title of this blog, well hopefully you figured it out. But if you didn't, its just me making a lame joke at how we were all kind of surprised by how big people's heads are and it just made me think of the Big Bad Wolf. Get it?

2 comments:

  1. I'd hope that you didn't have to explain that to people, the title thing... hahaha Oh boy do I enjoy your humor also your drawings are looking really good and I'm happy that you got to draw Rob this week because I do think it's interesting how big of a difference there is. Let's see what else... The gestures!!! I felt so crazy too when I was gesturing :/ Hopefully we will both be able to work on it a little this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahahaha I love your title! I'm glad you fixed Rob's head. It looks really good now that it's proportionate. I had such hard time finding the right size for his head. you did a very good job! see you tomorrow (I decided to leave comments to random people since my group members haven't been posting anything since end of March... I hope you don't mind hehe)

    ReplyDelete