Sunday, May 1, 2011

I'm All Ears

So, this week we just had class Wednesday and Friday. We took a lot of time to lecture, which was kind of a bummer but I think needed to happen because we were approaching something completely different. Eyes, mouths, noses, and ears are nothing like anything else we've learned so far. There really isn't much muscle or bone going on here, so it was new 'squishy' material. Sorry if that was too gross of an adjective haha.

But anyways, life drawing wasn't my biggest focus this week because I really didn't feel like I spent enough time drawing, I instead was slaving over an art history paper that I'm decently proud of which is always nice. We only really got to practice everything once, which kind of was a bummer because I didn't get around to working on any drawings this weekend. This week though Ii'm pretty sure we're just continuing those four things so I think that I'll get a better understanding. I wouldn't mind doing some quick drawings. I think they'd be hard, but probably a good way to get used to drawing new things.

My picture this week is of Hana's ear. I started out trying to do what Amy said with the whole make the dark parts of the ear lighter so it looks like they're going farther back but it just looked weird to me so I stopped and drew how I usually draw. I'm typically a 'dark' drawer. I don't like doing light lines and as soon as I remember to do light lines they're the same darkness as my erase marks so it just throws me off completely. Looking at the drawing now I wish I would have explored more crosshatching like in the right corner. Maybe next time I'll try that a little more.

1 comment:

  1. I like this post hahah I cant explain why but maybe its because you talked about art history and that crazy crazy paper. As far as your drawings go, they are looking quite wonderful and I'm glad that I had the pleasure of watching you draw when I was modeling. I will talk to you tomorrow goof.

    ReplyDelete