Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blink, blink, gone

This week kind of flew by for me. Maybe its in preparation for spring break, but all classes are starting to escalate towards projects that I know will consume my life for the next two weeks. Which makes me have my love hate relationship with art. Kind of like I can't relax with it, wouldn't be able to relax without it. It's not so much that way with drawing though. Drawing is something I've always known how to do and have always enjoyed the most. That's why I think this class is so good for me, I enjoy the work and the learning and it calms me down better than most projects. Not trying to sound like a suck up, I just prefer a drawing class, especially one I can apply to real life.

This week, since it flew by I can't even really remember what I drew. I remember it being a good week. At first it was hard to draw in the thigh lines, it just didn't look right. But the more I practiced I started having fun with it again and things came together. I'm starting to like 30 second drawings less because we have so much more too add, but its a good warm up, always gets my mind focused for the one minute drawings, then the two, and however long we go for.

I'm including two drawings this week because neither one really shows the thighs like I was supposed to, but I figure two examples of all the other lines is better than just one. The first drawing was a really difficult strange one--which is why I wanted to draw it, to challenge myself a little. I get bored sometimes with drawing things straight on or straight from the side, so I was pretty excited to have something different. The second drawing doesn't show the thighs at all, so I just focused more on the back muscles/pelvis. I think they turned out alright for 5 or 10 minute drawings I can't remember how long they were. They're horrible quality because they're off my cellphone by the way. Sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Drawings are looking better this week. I love that you've mentioned about your love/hate relationship with drawing because I feel the same. There are times where I think it's just one of the greatest things in the world and the next minute I'm sick of it. Probably due to my lack of interest of the drawing subjects. Anyways great posting this week. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete