Thursday, April 7, 2011

1 4 3

Basically, I only attended class on Monday this week due to a field trip for painting all day on Wednesday and Mid-Program on Friday. Kind of a bummer, but it happens. Monday was a decent day though. Didn't love my 30 -second drawings, but they went alright. Like the majority of my drawing though. To me, I found a good angle that gave me a lot to work with and even though I was kind of far from the model, it definitely wasn't too bad. I wish I would have focused a little more on atmospheric perspective because most of my lines are the same thickness or don't show any depth. My proportions were pretty close except my arms don't look long enough, and I think I should have moved the hip/glutes area a little to the right. I think I just made her look wider than she is. The chair threw me off a little bit because it broke up the space and my continuous lines, but I suppose that's good because in real life not everything is going to look smooth and continuous. I don't think I fully understand the arm muscles yet because if I would have, I probably would have drawn more 'underneath' lines in the arm. With practice I'm sure I'll figure it out, its just that its new and Amy didn't get a chance to walk over to my drawing during class and help me.

I think I'm doing alright with the mannequin so far. Excited that we're getting close to finishing it--it'll definitely be nice to be done and see all the delicate work I've done this semester! Hopefully on Monday we'll get to show her our mannequins and talk with her for a bit, if on Wednesday she said we are in class Monday then awesome, I'm glad she knows that we've gotten quite a few muscle assignments lately! I feel like I was really whine-y in this post. Not so sure why, I've been in a pretty good mood today so maybe I'm just bothered that I had to miss a day for a field trip when I really need the drawing practice. But anyways, if you read it all, congrats for getting through it :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica, nice drawing. I can agree that you may need to work on your atmospheric perspective, but overall it's pretty good. As for the arms in the drawing I think it look right the way it is. I also had trouble finding a good area to draw. I was kind of blocked off a little bit with someone's board, but I think I did okay. Anyways, Amy has been giving a lot of manikin assignments lately. Good thing they don't take too long to make. I just hope I'm putting them in the right spot. Overall, good job. See you in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your post because although you mentioned how it could have seemed like you were whining I agree on most parts so I do understand why. As for the rest of it, I did have trouble with the chair as well because it takes up so much space and has a huge influence on our drawings because of that but I think that your drawing turned out nicely over all and I'm glad to see that you're improving. With the manikins, I am pretty excited to be done as well and be able to look at the body as a whole and start assessing every little aspect. Hope that everything else is wonderful and I will talk to you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete