Saturday, April 2, 2011

Rain or shine

Class was canceled on Friday, which was kind of a bummer for me because I was really looking forward to practicing drawing because I just feel like I want more practice lately and haven't been consistent enough in my drawings. It's just a little weird feeling like I'm off ever since spring break. Just need to get back in the habit, and sitting here at my computer definitely isn't helping so maybe I'll do some sketches of anything I want this weekend if I have time. Key word: if.

On Monday I think I worked on my clay assignment the whole time, which was good because I got some input from Amy, but like mentioned above, I didn't get to draw, but it was definitely my choice not work on my drawings so I can't really complain. Wednesday went really well though, that's where my two drawings for this week came from. I had some trouble with the out-zoomed one, I kept making her ridiculously skinny and had to alter my ribcage and hip bone placement. I still feel like I'm a little off, but I like it enough. The close up one of her arm/ribcage was fun. It took a lot less time than the first one and since I had already practiced most of it I felt like it went really easily. Towards the end of the class period I got bored and decided to throw some face marks in there. I think they came out pretty decent.


Since i edited these photos in iPhoto this week (because I used my cell phone again and they looked crappy) I really like how defined the lines look and how you can see where I had drawn and erased. Before taking a stout art class, I always thought that messy look was ugly. I'm kind of a stubborn neat-freak so it's taken me a long time to accept all the different kinds of drawing. Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend and the little bit of sun we got :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica, nice drawings this week. I can agree on a lot of the things you pointed out in your post. I also think I really need to get back into the habit of drawing again. I can say I'm also a neat freak when it comes to drawing as well, but I guess it's something I'm starting to like more and more as I do more of it. Great job and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawings are looking quite beautiful and it looks like you have been improving quite a bit and I enjoy the constant updates when we can see progress in your work. I completely forgot that we did a clay or drawing day on Monday and I agree that although it helped to work with the clay I would have liked to draw a little, the clay took a long time though so there really wasn't that option. Have a god night and I will talk to you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete