Friday, April 15, 2011

The Future and the Fire

This week started out so slow I honestly thought Monday was Wednesday. And then once Thursday actually hit I thought it was Wednesday. I don't know, something weird about Wednesday for me I guess. I've been trying to set up my class schedule so that I get a lot of my classes done earlier in the day, and then don't have any Friday classes, but with 3 hour long art courses, that rarely happens, doesn't it? So as of now, I don't start until 1 30 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday; and go until 9 on Mondays, and only have class from 11 to 2 30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Not at all how I wanted it. I'd much rather get stuff done earlier and have the evening for my self, but that's life! Hope everyone gets what they want for their schedules, it can be so frustrating. But I fit life drawing 2 in, so I'm really excited about that. And everyone else should take it with me MW 2 30 to 5 30 :)

I just want to keep this going, like I feel like I've learned a lot, but now I want more. I want to go in depth and really master these drawing skills. In painting we have a giant open ended painting coming up, and I think I want to paint my mother when she was younger flamenco dancing. Lume said that we should only paint figures if we've taken life drawing so I was super excited its going to work out for me to paint what I want thanks to this class!

On to what we did this week. I forgot what Monday was all about, but Wednesday and Friday we drew hands which was kind of exciting. Hands tend to be something we all shy away from, so it was nice to embrace them head on. On Wednesday I drew Annie's hands and she gave the. best. poses. ever. I was seriously so impressed, and loved my drawing because it was exciting and different! That's the first one up.  I think I did a pretty good job. It's not perfect, because I didn't practice drawing the skeleton until Friday (which I think would have helped), but I like it enough to be happy with it.


So on Friday I drew the skeleton hand for an hour and a half-ish. I'm really glad I took my time because throughout the whole drawing I kept checking my angles to make sure everything matched up. In the end, my pinky and ring fingers should have been a little farther apart, but to me that's minor because my proportions worked for the most part. I drew the fabric in and it looks like my hand is exploding out of a ring of fire hahaha. Changes the entire mood of the drawing which I thought was funny. Oh, I included two pictures this week because I felt like they are both individually so important and different, even though they're both of hands. Hope everyone else enjoyed the hands as much as I did! Have a good weekend without a muscle assignment! Yay! :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha Jess you are too funny sometimes, not that I'm complaining. Ummm, let's see... for starters, your drawings are turning out beautifully and I love the skeleton hand with the "fire", nah I don't actually think that it looks like that but I see how it could. Also, you're improving so much and so I'm glad that you are taking life drawing next semester because I'm excited to see how that goes. P.S. I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE TAKING SCULPTURE!!!

    ReplyDelete