Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Na-na-noggin

This week went by super quickly because of the whole Easter deal. I used to be religious--I went to Catholic School K-8. But I just don't believe it anymore and thus don't get at all exciting over the real meaning of Easter. Everyone has different views of course, this is just my own. Sure I enjoy the time off to catch up and apply for summer jobs, but it doesn't have any meaning to me and I guess because I'm an ex-Catholic that kind of bothers me. We call it "Spring Holiday" but chancellor, you're not foolin anyyybody.
On to life drawing. Monday we drew hands again. I showed up late and missed the intro to the hands section so I don't know if Amy did a lecture or not, doesn't really matter I suppose. But I was late because my boyfriend was driving back to Eau Claire that morning from visiting me, and when he got to his car his battery was dead. So I was in a mad rush to find some jumper cables, get them to my car and drive my car over to his to jump start it. It was pretty hectic. In class though this time it was both of the model's hands together which was nice because then it was more of a challenge than just doing one hand on its own, we had another to relate it to which I liked. The hands are pretty familiar now so I was glad we moved onto the skull.
That's where my drawing comes from. Amy skipped me somehow so I never got a chance to talk to her but I feel really confident with my skull drawing. I didn't draw any contour lines, however, which I think we were supposed to do, but I took my time measuring and though I'm sure something is off, I felt pretty good about it! :)
I hope everyone's weeks went by well and that you all have a fantastic "spring holiday". See you next Wednesday! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica, your skull drawing is amazing...perhaps I should have taken a little more time to put in some details in mine. I agree this week went by pretty quick. I just hope to end the semester strong and hoping for an B+/A-. The drawings are getting better. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skull drawing is quite wonderful Missy!!! I am seeing so much improvement in you and it's simply wonderful. Please please please keep at it.

    ReplyDelete